Corporate Social Responsibility, Environmental Policy, and 'The Pro Way'
The following are excerpts, and exclude some commercially-sensitive CSR and environmental commitments
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Pro's motto for CSR is 'Do some good.'
- All employees will follow 'The Pro Way' (see below)
- Pro will encourage its employees to volunteer to work in local community projects for at least one day per year during 'company time.'
- Pro will designate a charity each year to be the company's official charity, and will give its customers the opportunity to donate to that charity.
- Pro will match donations to charity made by employees if they undertake sponsored events.
- Pro may allow employees time off work to undertake charitable projects.
- Pro will keep to its own environmental policies.
Pro Environmental Policy
The most effective form of environmental impact abatement for Pro is to continue to organise conferences and to publish magazines that promote environmental impact abatement in heavy industry.
The company has already made enormous strides in reducing its environmental impact by allowing all of its magazines to be downloaded for free from the Internet. This reduces the number of copies printed and distributed, and further disseminates each magazine's environmental messages.
As a company, Pro will do the following:
- Find out how employees get to work, and aim to reduce that environmental impact.
- Encourage use of walking/cycling, public transport and/or car sharing.
- Promote cycling through the 'Free bicycles' scheme, and through the subsided provision of cycling safety gear.
- We will turn off our computers whenever practical, and always at weekends.
- Switch off lights whenever possible
- Turn down the heating in the office (and bring in a jumper for occasional use).
- Only print when necessary, and then only print what is required.
- Continue the paper recycling scheme
- Aim towards recycling more non-paper waste
- We will buy consumables with regard to reducing environmental impacts
- We will ensure that our suppliers are EMS/ISO9000/ISO140001 accredited
- We will change the stock that our magazines are printed upon to one that is FSC accredited and/or has substantial recycled content.
- We will ensure that the inks that are used in printing the magazine have low environmental impact.
- We will investigate the possibility of using recyclable wrappers for our mailed magazines
- We will try to offer on-line registration (reducing need for fax and fax paper)
- We will recycle delegate badge holders
- We will encourage delegates to offset their transport-related carbon emissions
- We will maximise recycling of waste at our conferences
- We will aim to maximise the proportion of materials that are sourced locally
- We will use recycled or recyclable materials whenever possible at our events
The Pro Way - for Pro Employees
- I will be professional in my job and will treat customers with professionalism at all times
- I will strive towards quality at all times
- I will keep my work area clean and tidy
- I will be friendly and polite to all my colleagues
- I will listen and will allow colleagues to have their say
- I will be generous in passing on my skills and knowledge to my colleagues
- I will speak face-to-face with colleagues whenever possible
- I will aim towards self-sufficiency and all-round competence
The Pro Way - for Pro
- Pro will act in an ethical fashion in its business dealings
- Pro will not pay bribes
- Pro will not act in an anti-competitive fashion under any cicumstance
- Pro will always pay its bills
- Employees at Pro will not criticise the competition - we will allow our products and services to speak for themselves